Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reality Check 2
09-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Reality Check 2
Ok more bad news.

I cant realistically see us getting external funding from Invest NI for quite a while outside of enterprise nonsense and I don't think we should really go down the road of borrowing money.

All grants seem to have been cut in the UK with nonsense being the only option on offer unless you can already prove that your a successfully trading business and are looking money to expand.

I have a friend in Enterprise Ireland who has been sending me some information and if we lived south of the boarder we would be eligible for up to 50k Euro as a start up game development company however we would need to register as a company in the south and also have a southern business address.

As it is unlikely that we will get funding it will be up to us to generate the resources we need ourselves in order to get this business started. I suggest we do this through the sale of rota sphere and any future games through PC sales channels which take a commission but which will not charge us anything upfront to use their online stores.

The aim will be to raise £10K which we can then use to set up an office and buy equipment, licenses etc

The fact of the matter is that this may take a year or even longer so be prepared for Causeway Games to be a project which may not provide any returns in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2011, 10:32 PM
RE: Reality Check 2
That is fair enough, I suspected this wouldn't be a get rich quick scheme anyway.
Find all posts by this user
09-03-2011, 11:22 PM
RE: Reality Check 2
There is still light on the end of the tunnel. Im awaiting an investment from a relative. I will keep you posted on any developments. In the meantime, we still have cause for hope. There is also Dave Sharp, who may be able to provide assistance through the incubator program. You can ask him all your questions on tuesday.

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user