Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strategy-Operation Game
10-03-2011, 11:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2011 11:06 AM by Thomas.)
Strategy-Operation Game
This perhaps belongs more in the designers forum however i feel it could be crucial towards obtaining funding.

During my last meeting with Stuart, i was telling him of an excerpt from my course notes explaining that one of the tenents of game design is that it enables the user to experience otherwise dangerous scenarios in a consequence free environment, hence the massive success of the flight simulator genre.

This concept then got the gears in my brain turning, and i was thinking of other scenarios for which no one has developed a simulator for. The one that immediately came to my mind was surgery, which could have direct marketability for universities, hospitals and students as a target market. To my mind, no one has touched on this with the exception of Trauma center for the Wii, and certainly no one has ever attempted to create a serious operation simulator that could be used as a study tool for trainee surgeons.

Stuart agreed with me that this is an excellent idea and we should begin preliminary development work on this immediately upon completion of rotasphere. We should therefore look towards building a technology demonstration of afforementioned simulator, and look towards contacting the medical authorities and universities to guage their interest for potential funding.

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 10-03-2011 11:00 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Rodney - 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 11-03-2011, 10:18 AM