Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is PC ONLY a viable business option?
26-02-2011, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 26-02-2011 04:29 PM by Stuart.)
RE: Is PC ONLY a viable business option?
Checked with steam and they first evaluate a game to see if its worth selling and then make an offer individually to each developer with regards to commission so basically every one gets their own deal depending on game quality and brand strength. Anyone going in with their first game is going to be a risk from their point of view so they will probably take 30-40% commission and they also suggest what price the game should sell at on their site.

There are hundreds of other download sites for PC games be we really want to be on the top 5 if we are going to see any sort of worthwhile return.

As for apple I am guessing that itunes is the main port of call for most people buying any apps for iphone/ipad but i would say there are other outlets although i dont know if it would be worth selling through these.
One good thing about steam is that they are happy for you to sell your game through other suppliers and don't restrict you to selling through their site.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is PC ONLY a viable business option? - Stuart - 26-02-2011 04:28 PM