Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strategy-Operation Game
10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game
I agree that this is an excellent idea and have done a little research around it. There are extremely high level operation simulations available at the moment which also simulate touch (as in how it feels to cut through tissue etc) however this seems to be still in the experimental stage and way beyond what we would be hoping to deliver. There also seems to be some basic Flash style operation games but again this is not something that would worry us.

Essentially what we would want to make is a high quality working 3D model of the human body which could be used to simulate a number of operations for entry level medical students to help them with their coarse. I have already discussed the idea with a friend of mine who is currently a consultant radiographer and who was previously a heart surgeon. He thinks its a good idea as previously medical students all got a dead body to play with in college which they could cut up and put back together for practice. Unfortunately less and less people are leaving their body to science which means that real life hands on experience of carrying out operations is now very limited and also very expensive. Our solution would be to create a virtual 3D software package which could simulate a number of operations and teach the basics of how to go about them. Basically the most we can hope to achieve is create a visual and interactive aid to teach a student the correct order in which to go about carrying out an operation and show potentially what could go wrong if this process is not carried out correctly.

We would then market this to medical colleges worldwide as a teaching tool. It would require a lot of research however there could be potential for funding from various health organisations or even the government if we could show that it was within our ability.

Now you may be saying to yourself that this is not a game and is actually just boring software development however I think that it also has real potential to work as a game as well. We would use the same models but just have of a game like interface and add bonus' and cool music, we could even make a Frankenstein type game where you get to cut up bodies and put them together to make new people and then hit them with a loads of electricity to wake them up. We have the potential to basically create a whole new biomedical gaming genre which could be pretty controversial and huge. Would it be cool to bring your mates round for a few beers and have a head to head heart transplant race? It would certainly be different and probably worth downloading just to check it out.

Maybe we should actually go for the game version first and then look at the training software? I don't know, but its up for discussion so let us know your thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 10-03-2011 04:28 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Rodney - 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 11-03-2011, 10:18 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 11-03-2011, 12:32 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Rodney - 11-03-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 11-03-2011, 05:26 PM