Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strategy-Operation Game
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game
(11-03-2011 02:00 PM)Rodney Wrote:  I would worry that with the simulator we could risk getting bogged down in medical procedures, and if the authorities decided our simulator wasn't advanced or medically accurate enough they wouldn't be interested then we'd have trouble finding an alternative market. If you're after a real pro medical learning tool you'll need to be prepared for months of research. If we did go the simulator route I'd recommend someone talk to some people in the medical authority to confirm they'd be interested in software of this kind and what features they would want to see in it, us speculating on what they'd like would be a risky idea.

Stuarts idea sounds like fun. This could also teach basic anatomy of the human body so teenagers could learn something while playing so we might still get some interest from an educational point of view (Gore off option for younger children).

This really serves to highlight the importance of the mini projects. This game (or simulator) would be like an FPS but with sole concentration on close quarters activity. What we need is a basic, rolling tecnology demo to act as a feasibility study for ourselves and to prove to any potential investor we are capable of the undertaking. Once we have the necessary assets and finance it will enable us to spend more time.
Both stuart and I have friends and family in medicine, whom we can call upon to fill in the knowledge gaps. If we can attract the interest maybe of Queens medical science campus I would hope for their active participation anyway.

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 10-03-2011, 11:00 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 10-03-2011, 04:28 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Rodney - 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Thomas - 11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
RE: Strategy-Operation Game - Stuart - 11-03-2011, 10:18 AM