Poll: Which genre do you think needs a new game most?
Action
Adventure
Racing
Role-Playing-Game
Simulation
First-Person-Shooter
Third-Person-Shooter
Sports
Real-Time Strategy
Turn-Based Strategy
Arcade
Fighting
Platformers
MMORPG
Puzzle
Educational
Music and Rhythm
Party
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What gaming genre is lacking quality for you?
04-04-2011, 01:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 01:18 AM by Thomas.)
RE: What gaming genre is lacking quality for you?
(04-04-2011 01:09 AM)DaFreshPrince Wrote:  Well they are not even close to shooters they are slash-em-up action as stated on ign and many other sites I don't think you can disinclude a genre like action and break it down to just shooters as it covers so many areas.

Dead on I'll make it here.

They're based around characters viewed from a third person perspective that fight using projectile weapons. In my book that classes them as third person shooters. Ultimately its splitting hairs. Publishers and retailers tend to lump all these games togther in the big action genre treehouse in spite of everything.
I'd be interested to know what comes to your mind when you think of the shooter genre. The purist understanding of the genre is dead as far as im concerned. Gamers generally have dispensed with the light gun favouring the control pad or keyboard and mouse. What we have now is FPS.

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What gaming genre is lacking quality for you? - Thomas - 04-04-2011 01:13 AM