Poll: Which genre do you think needs a new game most?
Action
Adventure
Racing
Role-Playing-Game
Simulation
First-Person-Shooter
Third-Person-Shooter
Sports
Real-Time Strategy
Turn-Based Strategy
Arcade
Fighting
Platformers
MMORPG
Puzzle
Educational
Music and Rhythm
Party
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What gaming genre is lacking quality for you?
10-04-2011, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2011 04:52 PM by Stuart.)
RE: What gaming genre is lacking quality for you?
Thomas, I would say real time strategy is doing fine since at one stage after its release last year CnC 4 was the top selling PC game and StarCraft 2 which came out later in the year sold 1 million copies on its first day.

Rodney I have a turn based strategy on my mobile called Uni war which is basically a turn based CnC and cost like 99p which you might like, and just got the original final fantasy which has a lot of turn based fighting. I also just splashed out £5 for CnC 4 Tiberium Twilight which is great on the mobile and worth the extra £4.

The problem people have with turn based strategy is the time it takes the computer to make a move, especially on mobile which is an issue I have with Uni War and also a number of Chess games I have played. If we could make a turn based game were the computer could calculate each move against you in a split second then it would be worth pursuing otherwise I would forget it.
As for the survey, I have no idea, I don't play enough new games to make an educated guess.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What gaming genre is lacking quality for you? - Stuart - 10-04-2011 04:33 PM