Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Equipment costs
23-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Equipment costs
I am currently in the process of writing up a business plan for a one to one session Thomas and myself should hopefully be having with Invest NI in the next week or two.

Part of what I need is to work out how much we as a group have invested in the company so far.

Could everyone please give me a rough estimate of what your computers including software is worth in the current market. Only include legal software that you use for Causeway Games.

Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2011, 01:13 PM
RE: Equipment costs
My computer is basically a motherboard bolted inside a table, not sure it has much market value but all the parts inc monitor cost about £400. I'm shall be building a better development machine over the next few months, it's value will be £600 but I'm not sure if you can add this yet.

Legal software: The only software I bought (so far) was the xna sunburn lighting library for $150 (£96.56).
24-02-2011, 05:57 PM
got a brand new mac (£850) and a computer that when it was new cost (£1200), tho this was 2 and a half years ago, a very long time by computing standards, so it is possible that the hardware for it could be bought for half maybe even a quarter of it. I checked my graphics card a while back (£300 brand new) [nvidia 9800 gs or sumthing, counts as two cards tho] and it was going for about £54, fuck i hate computers lol. The monitor has probably stayed the same (£180 brand new).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Also remember depreciation...

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun
26-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Ok, thanks for the feedback so far, it is important we have this as if we are asking Invest NI or any other investor to give us money we have to show that we have contributed as much as possible to the business ourselves.
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
ok , my pc isn't realy worth a great deal , (dead hard disc) , monitor is brand new cost about 160 quid , the nuts and bolts of my pc is about 2 years old , so as a 'guestimate' ... lol it would probably be worth something around 3 - 350 quid !!! its not bad like ( when it works! , graphics card is a wee radion 1600, amd x64 dual core processor la di da di da , have to get a new drive for it !!!) , my laptop i now use cost about 200 quid ! , its small and cute lol and does the job Wink
think thats about it hardware wise!!

software wise , i use freebies and demo versions ..Wink blender , darkbasic , makehuman , ejay , etc...
just don't have the cash to splash on software atm ... Sad

"genius is 1% insperation --- 99% perspiration" :idea:
04-03-2011, 11:38 PM
My computer (i say mine, but my missus forked out half the cash) is a Packard Bell Dual core from 2007. I paid just shy of £500 at the time, and i have a Epson BX300F 4 in 1 scanner, printer, copier fax machine. Ink cartridges need replaced though.

Thomas Gray - Chairman and Lead Designer Causeway Games
Follow Causeway Games on Facebook
PSN id- bujingun
X box live tag- bujingun